Minimum requirements for the position of Central Station Specialist are:
- A 2-year Associates degree
- Comparable credits toward a Bachelor’s degree
- Or two years of military service
- Full pre-employment drug screening and background checks
- Previous customer service background is preferred.
Our intensive six-week training program, certified by the Security Industry Association (SIA), is the most rigorous in the industry. It is comprised of:
- Formal classroom training (3 weeks)
- Operations training under the tutelage of CCS/Trainers (1-2 weeks)
- Hands-on training monitored by Supervisory staff (1-2 weeks)
Additional skills in all areas are developed through one-on-one training with Control Center Floor Trainers or department trainers and/or classroom training conducted by members of the Training Department.
On-going training, meetings to review policies and procedures, and performance enhancement workshops are regularly scheduled to update and reinforce Central Station Specialists’ skills.
Control Center Specialists are also tested and evaluated by the Quality Assurance division to evaluate their knowledge and performance and to identify areas that need additional training.
Specialized training for Dealer Support personnel is administered by departmental trainers and, like Operations personnel, Dealer Support personnel receive ongoing training to improve and update skills.